Uniting Church in the City: Vision, Mission & Values
To touch hearts and transform lives through Christ.
As a pilgrim people, we journey towards a promised future seeking to be a vibrant, open door Church guided by God’s love to:
- Worship and glorify God;
- Provide a pastoral community where we build up the Body of Christ to grow and mature as Christians;
- Reach out and bring God’s love to those in need through mission and service;
- Be responsible stewards of the Earth and the resources entrusted to us.
- We acknowledge God’s presence;
- We are open to change and new things;
- We welcome diversity;
- We acknowledge and embrace the giftedness of all people;
- We are willing to take risks and make mistakes;
- We respond in a loving way.
- We are committed to our Vision & Mission;
- We are accountable to each other and as a community;
- We are committed to God and to one another;
- We are committed to providing a safe space both physically and emotionally;
- We actively use our gifts from God, our talents and resources to respond to a call for service in every aspect of our lives – heart, mind and soul;
We are committed to upholding the values and ethos expressed in the Basis of Union, Constitution, Regulations, Code of Ethics and Ministry Practice, Manual for Meetings and ancillary policies and guidelines of the Uniting Church Assembly.
- We are transparent, open and honest in our actions and our relationships;
- We trust in God and one another;
- We unashamedly demonstrate our faith through our words and actions;
- We do what we say we’ll do.
- We realise that we are called by God to work together;
- We co-operate, collaborate and partner with others to further the gospel of Jesus Christ;
- We nurture and care for each other as Worshipping Communities and actively seek to grow as a Congregation;
- We encourage and welcome the involvement of others;
- We are relational, prayerful and we are built on the Reformed tradition.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth”
For more information on the Uniting Church in the City's Vision, Mission and Values as set out in the UCIC Strategic Plan 2015-2018, click here.